There are three stages in the career of a Rover namely;
- Rover Aspirant
- Rover -in-Service.
A Rover Aspirant can be invested as a Rover only after completion of fifteen years of age and should have worked for three months for Pravesh Test.
Rover Aspirant :
- He must have completed fifteen years of age.
- A Rover Aspirant who had been a Scout or who on admission as Rover Aspirant passes Pravesh Badge test as laid down for Scout shall wear uniform as a Rover.
Pravesh Requirements :
- Read and appreciate contents of "Scouting for Boys" and books on Rovering prescribed by the sponsor.
- If a young man has never been a Scout and wishes to join the Crew afresh, he should qualify for Pravesh requirements of Scout Section and work for at least three months as a Aspirant Rover before investiture and probation as decided by the crew after the completion of three months be decided by the Crew Council.
- Be able to interpret the Promise and Law as per Rover point of view.
In addition to above Pravesh requirements a young man wanting to be a Sea Rover will:-
- Have knowledge of water safety rules.
- Know the DO's and DONT's in a boat.
- Have in general, knowledge of a canoe, a boat, a sail, an oars and an anchor.
- Learn signaling by Semaphore method.
- Know about at least three navigational stars visible in the area.
Grameen Rover :
- Have a general knowledge of Scout Movement.
- Complete all the Pravesh Requirements as prescribed for Rovers at (9)
- On Completion of requirements to the satisfaction of the Rover Scout Leader a Rover aspirant shall be invested as a Rover on making or reaffirming the Scout Promise. He is then eligible to wear membership badge.
- Membership Badge shall be a cloth badge with red background and Fleur - de - lis in yellow superimposed by the Trefoil with Ashoka Chakra also in yellow, in the centre; it shall be worn in the centre of the pleat of the left pocket of shirt or at the same place on jersey.
- This membership badge is issued by the Local or District Association, as the case may be on the recommendation of the Rover Scout Leader.
- Rover Promise & Law are same as for Scout.
A girl whether previously guide or not, who is a citizen of India and who completed 15 years and not 25 years of age may be enlisted as a Ranger Aspirant. She shall than pass the Guide Pravesh test, if she is not already a Guide. She shall then take the Guide Promise and Subscribe to the Guide Law and then she will be enrolled as a Ranger. If she is already a Guide she shall reaffirm the Guide Promise.
There are three stages in the career of a Ranger namely;
- Ranger Aspirant
- Ranger -in-Service
A Ranger Aspirant can be invested as a Ranger only after completion of fifteen years & three months of age and should have worked for three months for Pravesh Test.
Ranger Aspirant :
A. She must have completed Fifteen years of age.
B. A Ranger Aspirant who had been a Guide or who on admission as Ranger Aspirant passes Pravesh Badge test as laid down for Guide shall wear uniform as a Ranger.
Tests for Pravesh :
- Read Scouting for Boys, Girl Guiding in India and books on Rangering prescribed by the sponsor.
- Know the principles and programme of Rangering and show preparedness to try to live the Law as interpreted for Rangers and keep the Promise.
- If a young girl who has never been a Guide and wishes to join the Team afresh, she should qualify for Pravesh requirements of Guide Section and work for at least three months as a Ranger Aspirant before investiture.
- Have a knowledge of B.P. Six and Simple Drill.
SEA RANGER :
In addition to above tests a Sea Ranger will have to qualify for the following :
- Have knowledge of water Safety Rules.
- Know the DOs and DON'Ts in boat.
- Have in general knowledge of a boat, a sail, an oar and an anchor.
- Learn Signalling, by Semaphore method.
- Know about atleast three navigational stars visible in the area.
AIR RANGER :
GRAMEEN RANGER :
Tests for Pravesh Badge :
- Prescribed syllabus for all tests assigned for Rangers will be applicable for Grameen Rangers.
- Know the parts of Grameen Ranger Uniform
Note for Grameen Ranger :
However, subjects found difficult or not related to Grameen Ranger may be replaced by appropriate local activities/projects with the permission of State Chief Commissioner on the recommendation of District Chief Commissioner & State Organising Commissioner. The area specific alternate activities may be allowed by the State Chief Commissioner and certificate to that effect should be produced in the testing camp.
On completion of the tests to the satisfaction of the Ranger Leader, the Ranger Aspirant shall be invested as a Ranger on making or reaffirming the Guide Promise. She is eligible to wear the Pravesh Badge. The Pravesh Badge shall be a cloth badge with red background and fleur-de-lis in yellow superimposed by the Trefoil with Ashoka Chakra also in yellow in the centre. It shall be worn on uniform in the middle of the left sleeve. This membership badge is issued by the Local or District Association as the case may be, on the recommendation of the Ranger Leader.